Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rice (Krispy) and (Swedish) Fish Sushi

 I saw these rolls for the first time on Angry Asian Creations and easily think these are the cutest things I've seen in a while. I adapted the recipe a bit to make it easier for kid chefs so this recipe now takes about 10 minutes to complete, start to finish. This would be super festive for an asian themed birthday party, a surprise in a lunchbox, or even as a cheap at home desert after going out for some real sushi!

For two dozen or so candy sushi's, you will need:
Make your own or do as me and get some Rice Krispies treats, loosely packed
1 package Swedish Fish candy
1 package Fruit Roll-ups/ Fruit by the Foot/ or similar candy
Cake frosting or icing sugar to seal


If you make the Rice Krispies treats, make sure they are not too firmly packed. So just lightly press flat, which will make the Rice Krispies resemble sushi rice. Make this at least half an hour ahead of time so it will have cooled down by the time you're ready to assemble the candy sushi. Or, do it the store brought way and make it a little easier on yourself.
Cut the Rice Krispies treats to fit the Swedish Fish. Add a little frosting or icing sugar to keep the fish on and plop that little cutie on top of your treat. Cut the fruit wrapping to fit well then wrap around your 'sushi' and add another plop of icing to adhere it to the kripsies treat on the bottom. All done!


Subscribe by RSS   Pinterest   Twitter  
 

Linked here , here , and here too

25 comments:

  1. Oh my stars....these are aDoRaBlE! They would be perfect in my kids' bento boxes for lunch. Love that I almost have all the ingredients!! Would be delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Mondays (going on all week): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/04/mop-it-up-mondays-11.html.
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I saw these little guys and knew I had to make some. Such a clever idea and they are too easy. I just added this to your linky party and am a new follower to your site. Such a beautiful layout! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! They just made me giggle, they're so cute!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet Shannon! I would love to bake some more silly treats, they are so much fun to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute are these? I love your blog! I found you on the bloghop and now you have a new follower :) please stop by my blog and follow me too if you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look absolutely adorable. Too pretty to eat, IMO!!

    Found your blog through Blog-Hop. Great blog you have here!

    Following you and hope you will do the same for me, appreciate it.

    http://mui28.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls are too sweet! I am returning the favor now. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. And I will confess that i ADORE Swedish fish. NON NOM. Add that to rice krispie treats and you have a surefire winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE! These are so original! Please link up to Foodie Friday Don't forget to leave me a comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute for a party. Please share these on my foodie friday linky today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was able to stop by all of your sites and left a comment/linked up so be sure to check it out when you have a chance! Have a great Friday and I appreciate EVERY ONE of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are brilliant! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited you stopped by Foodie Friday. I just love these cute treats! Congrats for being in the
    Top 5

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course Adelina, hope your weekend is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute recipe the kids will love them because of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course, thank YOU for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cutest sushi ever!! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  18. Six Sisters-Looking forward to tomorrow's party, see you all then!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just so cute. Congrats on a great idea and you made them look great. I am stopping by from Six Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea. I have pined it. I have enjoyed looking around your blog, you have cool ideas. I'm also your newest follower on GFC and Linky. I would like to invite you to come and share this at my Link Party The Sunday Round Up. It opens every Saturday night. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    hope you come
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute!!! I will have to makes these for my little sister's snack day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Savannah for checking out my recipe, I am so lucky to be featured on their site!

    Rose-I was finally able to stop over and link up with you today. Thank you again for the invite and I am now following your blog. It's beautiful!

    Jessica-DO IT UP! I made these for the kids I babysit for and they flipped. All their cuteness was inhaled in a good 10 min but the picture lives to tell the tale haha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I am sure to read and cherish every single comment left so please don't be shy! If you would like to send me an email instead, you can contact me at liztullo@gmail.com. XO

 
site design by designer blogs